1. He is almost never cranky or irritable and is very tolerant when I am. (Which can be often and is subject to temperature comfort, hunger/hanger level, hours of sleep, length of time wearing full, backpack, et al.)
2. He does a bulk of the pre-planning and he enjoys it! Plugging in countless possible flight scenarios to Kayak.com or combing through hundreds of AirBnBs for the best deal makes me irritable (see #1). This man loves a spreadsheet and for this I am very appreciative.
3. He is always down for a nap/pastry/coffee break. Yeah, we do a lot of those.
4. He is very good at diffusing arguments. Inevitably, we argue. However, without the ability to compromise and/or make me laugh at the right time, I might still be annoyed about something from two months ago.
5. In a crisis, he is calm and decisive. I learned this the hard way after fainting and ending up in a Polish hospital last week. That is a separate blog post, but lets just say I'm glad he was there. (Special thanks to Jamie and Dan for the assist).
6. He is always game for new experiences. Whether its hitchhiking in Africa, trying a horse burger in Slovenia, or hot air ballooning in Cappadoccia despite a fear of heights, he is willing to challenge himself for the sake of a new experience. Not only do I appreciate this but it inspires me and I hope to always emulate it.
Happy Birthday! Here's to the 2nd half of the trip!